BioInformatics Strategy and Issues
Definition - The information science of handling medical, genomic and biological information for clinical, research and teaching support.
Millenium Collaboration - Tissue and Clinical Information - No chip based technology.
Roche Collaboration for Molecular Classification of Prostate Cancer - Need a BioInformatics Strategy
Issues to be addressed:
- Clinical Information Interfaces to Electronic Medical Record
- Tissue Banking - Value added information
- Laser Capture Microdissection and Imaging Facility
- Genomics - Chip based technology from Affymetrix
- Basic Research Information from PIs
- How do we share information with a corporate partner - Roche?